I am so delighted to announce that my epistolary novel, Letters to Amelia is now out in the world! Letter writing + Amelia Earhart + grief + love + Newfoundland + Saskatchewan + planes + libraries!
Letters to Amelia is available for purchase through Book*hug (here!) and wherever books are sold.
At your local indie bookstore and at:
The audiobook, read by Emily Nixon, is available now at Audible, Scribd, Book*hug, and your local library.
“Letters to Amelia invites us to hold our heroines close and to take heart – it is gentle and joyous, full of tenderness, alive and sturdy with hope.”
-Anne Michaels, author of Fugitive Pieces and The Winter Vault
Zier-Vogel’s imagined lovers’ correspondence connects the real Earhart not only to a broken-hearted library tech but also to us and our landscape, bringing to life this singular woman’s brave, soaring spirit.
— The Toronto Star
This could be the surprise debut novel of the year
— NOW magazine
An understated literary work with a historical underpinning, Letters to Amelia celebrates singular desires and pays homage to intimacy in the face of social scrutiny.
— Foreword Reviews
Letters to Amelia: Lindsay Zier-Vogel’s debut novel features an aviation pioneer – and U of T
— University of Toronto Alumni and University of Toronto News
An engaging story full of thoughtfully drawn characters and lively dialogue…a wonderfully readable book.”
—Anne Thériault, Quill & Quire
[A] multi-dimensional account of the life of a woman who remains not only a feminist icon but a figure of undefined mystique. I’m sure Amelia herself would be pleased.
— Miramachi Reader
- CBC Books’ Fall Fiction to Watch for in 2021
- 49th Shelf’s Most Anticipated Fall Fiction Preview
- CBC Books’ September books to read list
- NOW magazine’s 15 best new books to read this fall
- Stir magazine’s 7 books by women to pick up this fall
- CBC’s Great Canadian books to check out in fall 2021
- Canadian Living magazine: Give Fascinating Fiction: 11 books that transport, touch, tempt and thrill
- 49th Shelf’s 2021 Books of the Year