There are so many layers to my Thursdays.
- I get to teach, as an Artist Mentor through the tdsbCREATES program. Arts education fills me up like nothing else.
- I get to use The Love Lettering Project as the jumping off point for social and civic engagement.
- I get to teach at the school I went to for Grades 3-5. My Grade 5 graduation photo is hanging by the office door. It is all so familiar, and yet not. (The school is so much smaller than I remember it! But the field is so much bigger!)
- I met my husband at that school (and his photo also hangs by the office in all its 1989 glory)
- The Grades 3 and 4 students are incredible. Engaged and creative and inspiring.
- The teachers are so wonderful.
- There’s a folk dancing club and I get to watch rehearsals during lunch
- I get to go back for the next four Thursdays
A brainstorm (Oh, how we love brainstorming at Broadacres!):
A rough copy:
Pingback: Broadacres Public School: Maps and community love letters |
Pingback: Broadacres Public School: Taking huge imaginative leaps |
Pingback: All the learning. All of it. |
Pingback: I love arts education. So much. | Lindsay Zier-Vogel